Bio, Writing Style, and Writing Portfolio
I have been a professional copywriter for more than a decade. I’ve always been a writer, but it took the Internet to make “marketing and business copywriter” a real job title. Before my writing career, I was involved in sales, marketing, IT, programming, retail, and a host of other industries.
I call myself “America’s Plain-English Business Expert”™, and with good reason. I’m all about clear, engaging communication.
And on that note, let’s talk about “Plain English” writing and marketing for a second… Instead of being clear, most business writing tries to sound important, like this:
“At Sluggo Enterprises, we continually strive to effusively embrace the unique paradigms of the overarching branding scheme.”
No, I don’t know what that means either.
That may impress the boss, but customers/prospects tune right out. Really, it almost sounds like an evil villain’s plan in a James Bond film.
Effective business writing should be clear and easy to read. It should also seek to interest your target audience so they want to read it further. That’s how you get readers to take action.
Who I Work For
I work for any sized business or individual who wants excellent, results-getting writing for their marketing collateral. From startup to Fortune 500®, and everything in-between.
Why Hire Me?
The simple answer is I use a clear, engaging writing style that people enjoy reading, and I know how words drive business in a marketing and sales sense. I’ll get your website more clicks, your sales letters more responses, and so on. Is that what you are looking for?
Here are some websites that represent several very different industries and business sizes:
- ICG Consulting – A corporate-level IT consulting company based in Arizona
- CRV Courier Guide – I raised the sales of this UK courier guide by 30%
- Section179.org – Section 179 is a US Tax Code Deduction for business equipment — admittedly a dull subject, but I clearly explain the code in Plain English; also, it uses keywords very well — to see for yourself, just Google “section 179”
- Power Strata Systems Inc – Building (rental) management software for a Canadian company; I love the headlines on this website
- Clearly Trained – Based in Kentucky, Clearly Trained is a great example of a niche business using the web to great effect
- Nearly Natural – I wrote the web copy and individual product descriptions (thousands of them) for this excellent artificial plants company
- Top Notch Bookkeeping – Small, home-based bookkeeping business (just to demonstrate that I can handle copywriting for any size company)
You can also visit my own Clear Writing website, as it’s a stellar example of what I do and how I do it. Since you are reading this here on the Creative Business Services’ site, please use the form below to contact me.